WHAT YOU CAN DO
Can you imagine the ocean
without dolphins? Neither can we. Here are some things you
can do to help make the dolphins' world safer and healthier:
- Reduce - Reuse –
Recycle - Rethink - Respond; bring your reusable grocery totes, If you must buy disposables. ..buy paper products rather than plastic or Styrofoam. The manufacture of Styrofoam depletes the ozone layer.
- Conserve water,
waste not and fix leaks,
- Use fewer harmful chemicals
and pollutants, and dispose of them properly,
- Try to use phosphate-free laundry and dish soaps.
- Don't use electrical appliances for things you can easily do by hand.
- Save your kitchen scraps for the compost pile.
- Boycott tuna or buy only “dolphin-safe,”
- Use Seafood
choose seafood that's good for you, and good for the oceans
- Volunteer your time to conservation projects. Participate in stream
and beach cleaning programs,
- Become more involved in
marine environmental issues
- Vote for candidates that share your sentiments.
- Write your legislators when you have an opinion about pending legislation on environmental, land use and other issues.
- Plant native, insect resistant. trees and shrubs in your backyard to provide food and shelter for birds and other creatures.
- Pull weeds Instead of using herbicides. Learn about natural insect controls as alternatives to pesticides.
- Use public transit. Ride your bike or walk instead. Drive a more gas efficient car.