what you can do
can you imagine the ocean
without dolphins? neither can we. here are some things you
can do to help make the dolphins' world safer and healthier:
- reduce - reuse –
recycle; bring your reusable grocery totes, if you must buy disposables. ..buy paper products rather than plastic or styrofoam. the manufacture of styrofoam depletes the ozone layer.
- conserve water,
waste not and fix leaks,
- use fewer harmful chemicals
and pollutants, and dispose of them properly,
- try to use phosphate-free laundry and dish soaps.
- don't use electrical appliances for things you can easily do by hand.
- save your kitchen scraps for the compost pile.
- boycott tuna or buy only “dolphin-safe,”
- use seafood
choose seafood that's good for you, and good for the oceans
- volunteer your time to conservation projects. participate in stream
and beach cleaning programs,
- become more involved in
marine environmental issues
- vote for candidates that share your sentiments.
- write your legislators when you have an opinion about pending legislation on environmental, land use and other issues.
- plant native, insect resistant. trees and shrubs in your backyard to provide food and shelter for birds and other creatures.
- pull weeds instead of using herbicides. learn about natural insect controls as alternatives to pesticides.
- use public transit. ride your bike or walk instead. drive a more gas efficient car.